AAUP faculty retention study
AAUP is conducting a survey of faculty and staff members who have left Truman State
University over the last five years. We would appreciate your time in briefly responding to the
following questions. If you know anyone who has left Truman recently, we would appreciate
your help with this survey in providing us with a current email address or other contact
1. What was your position at Truman State University (tenure-track, tenured, temp, staff, etc.,
and which division or office)?
2. When did you leave Truman State University?
3. Why did you decide to leave Truman State University?
4.What did you like best about Truman State University?
5. What could Truman State University have done to keep you at this institution?
6. Did you make your concerns known before you decided to leave, and if so how were they
7. Did you have an exit interview before leaving Truman? Was it written or in person?
8. In retrospect, how do you feel about your decision to leave Truman State University?
9. What advice would you give to Truman State University to retain high quality faculty and
Please return this questionnaire to:
Truman State University
Division of Social Science
McClain Hall 214
100 E. Normal
Kirksville, MO 63501-4221