Meeting of the Truman State University Chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP)
November 15, 2016, 4:30-5:30 PM, in MG1098
Present: Marc Rice (president), Marc Becker (secretary), Mark Hatala (vice-president)
- Trump election: Might lead to clarification on Title IX. Should AAUP make a statement about the right to protest in the context of Trump’s election? We are in a liberal arts college, and those rights need to be protected. What does Greitens’ election mean for education? Do we know anything about his educational policy? We need to watch and monitor these policies.
- Changes to Truman Week: Shortened to Thursday & Friday, and not compensated. We do not want uncompensated assignments. Danger of overloads becoming common. Constant chipping away at our compensation. We face a problem with complacency in the face of these changes.
- Presidential search—still haven’t heard anything. Appears that they have taken all the faculty input that they will.
- Annual survey on salaries. Planned for spring. Some questions have flaws, and we need to work on them.
- We haven’t been good about collecting dues. What are we going to do with the money? Pay for survey, send someone to state AAUP meeting.